Thursday, January 14, 2010

Listen: La Blogotheque

Peter, a good buddy of mine who seems to always find some serious hidden gems, recently introduced me to La Blogotheque's Take Away Shows (check it out here). One of the coolest sites I've ever visited, I can get lost in here for days. Basically, you find yourself watching these impromptu performances by great indie bands on the streets of Paris. What really strikes me, though, is the unique quality of videos that these are shot in; it truly is a work of art. Some of my favorites bands and performers such as Jose Gonzalez, Phoenix, Grizzly Bear, Arcade Fire and Cold War Kids (recently enlightened by Butter My Jammy) totally rock the streets and it's a spectacle. Although not a huge fan, I must say I really enjoyed Jason Mraz's performance of "Live High". Check it out, listen and enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment